Barbados National Oil Company Limited. (FP)
- BEC: Low productivity is everyone’s problem Read More
- TOURISM MATTERS: Tourism is the answer to problems Read More
- Barbados find going tough in hockey Read More
- Pride feel pressure Read More
- EDITORIAL: Act now to stamp out squatting Read More
- ALL AH WE IS ONE: Co-opted unionists Read More
- Ballroom Brilliance Read More
IN A LANDMARK DECISION, the Court of Appeal last week declared that the Barbados National Oil Company Limited (BNOCL) abused its position of dominance when it acquired the contract for the supply of oil to the Barbados Light & Power, the island’s major source of electricity.
The first case of its kind in Barbados under the Fair Trading Commission Act (FTCA) and theFair Competition Act (FTA), the Appeal Court,in its ruling, said: “We feel bound to observe by way of introduction that this appeal is potentially of seminal importance. It is the first appeal under the FTCA and the FCA to be heard by this court. . . .
Please read the full story in today's Sunday Sun, or in the eNATION edition.