Barbados National Oil Company Limited. (FP)
- BlackBerry rally derailed as investors lose patience on turnaround Read More
- Iran in talks to buy 48 Airbus helicopters report says Read More
- Laurando hits hat-trick Read More
- King’s ace Read More
- Embrace moves to ditch plastics Read More
- Countering the professor Read More
- When talent shines Read More
IN A LANDMARK DECISION, the Court of Appeal last week declared that the Barbados National Oil Company Limited (BNOCL) abused its position of dominance when it acquired the contract for the supply of oil to the Barbados Light & Power, the island’s major source of electricity.
The first case of its kind in Barbados under the Fair Trading Commission Act (FTCA) and theFair Competition Act (FTA), the Appeal Court,in its ruling, said: “We feel bound to observe by way of introduction that this appeal is potentially of seminal importance. It is the first appeal under the FTCA and the FCA to be heard by this court. . . .
Please read the full story in today's Sunday Sun, or in the eNATION edition.