Barbados National Oil Company Limited. (FP)
- CIBC FirstCaribbean assists Nature Fun Ranch Read More
- BRA closing early at Weymouth and Pine Read More
- UWI new queens Read More
- Warrican’s spin hurts Red Force Read More
- Govt should be solutions-driven Read More
- Barrow’s warning coming to pass Read More
- Court of Appeal orders retrial for Soca star Machel Montano Read More
IN A LANDMARK DECISION, the Court of Appeal last week declared that the Barbados National Oil Company Limited (BNOCL) abused its position of dominance when it acquired the contract for the supply of oil to the Barbados Light & Power, the island’s major source of electricity.
The first case of its kind in Barbados under the Fair Trading Commission Act (FTCA) and theFair Competition Act (FTA), the Appeal Court,in its ruling, said: “We feel bound to observe by way of introduction that this appeal is potentially of seminal importance. It is the first appeal under the FTCA and the FCA to be heard by this court. . . .
Please read the full story in today's Sunday Sun, or in the eNATION edition.