Barbados National Oil Company Limited. (FP)
- ON THE RIGHT: The odds favour renewable energy Read More
- ON THE LEFT: Oil prices posing a big risk Read More
- TWO-STAND TEST Read More
- ‘We can hold own’ in 4x100 Read More
- Why spare the rod and spoil the child? Read More
- OUTSIDE THE PULPIT: We can learn from Samuels Read More
- ‘NOTHING DIRTY’ Read More
IN A LANDMARK DECISION, the Court of Appeal last week declared that the Barbados National Oil Company Limited (BNOCL) abused its position of dominance when it acquired the contract for the supply of oil to the Barbados Light & Power, the island’s major source of electricity.
The first case of its kind in Barbados under the Fair Trading Commission Act (FTCA) and theFair Competition Act (FTA), the Appeal Court,in its ruling, said: “We feel bound to observe by way of introduction that this appeal is potentially of seminal importance. It is the first appeal under the FTCA and the FCA to be heard by this court. . . .
Please read the full story in today's Sunday Sun, or in the eNATION edition.