- LIAT CEO: Taxes on flights too high Read More
- International experts give digital marketing advice Read More
- Leslie explains BCA T20 toss rules Read More
- No new registration for netball season Read More
- What a ‘mother’ country! Read More
- Developing our public sector Read More
- Aidonia rocks the crowd Read More
BARBADOS LIGHT & POWER wants to cut its operating expenses by almost $30 million over the next 24 months and it has put all of its approximately 400 employees on notice that job cuts are coming.
Indicating that all categories of workers from the top to the bottom of the Canadian-owned power company could be affected, BL&P’s human resources manager Roger Babooram has presented a number of options to employees that range from pay cuts to early retirement and severance.
Furthermore, in correspondence issued yesterday, Babooram reminded BL&P workers of chief executive officer Sarah McDonald’s remit that $17 million in cuts had to be achieved by the end of this year. (GE)
Please read the full story in today’s Weekend Nation, or in the eNATION edition.