Tiger Woods (FP)
- ECCB to issue world’s first blockchain-based digital currency Read More
- Amazon pulls the plug on New York headquarters Read More
- First gold Read More
- Rain delays CARIFTA Games Read More
- Wanted: A more efficient airport Read More
- Low-hanging fruit for all Read More
- Don’t spoil the ‘Endgame’ Read More
VIRGINIA WATER, England (AP) – For the first time since 1996, Tiger Woods is not among the top 100 golfers in the world ranking.
Woods, who hasn’t played since he withdrew from the Farmers Insurance Open on February 6, falls to No. 104 this week. The last time he was out of the top 100 was on September 29, 1996, when he was at No. 225. The following week, Woods won the Las Vegas Invitational as a 20-year-old for the first of his 79 PGA Tour victories.
It is not clear when Woods will return. He said in February that his scores were not acceptable and he would not play until his game was in tournament shape.
Woods is not required to announce if he is playing the Masters until the tournament starts April 9.