Shakira Emtage-Cave (RL)
- ECCB to issue world’s first blockchain-based digital currency Read More
- Amazon pulls the plug on New York headquarters Read More
- First gold Read More
- Rain delays CARIFTA Games Read More
- Wanted: A more efficient airport Read More
- Low-hanging fruit for all Read More
- Don’t spoil the ‘Endgame’ Read More
NEARLY THIRTY-SIX PER CENT of young people under the age of 15 are having sex, according to a survey.
Of that number, said programme manager of Dance4Life, Shakira Emtage-Cave, nearly half are doing so without using condoms.
In addition, the feedback said older girls were having sex with younger boys and children were more open in their sexual activities, engaging in the practice at school.
Emtage-Cave made the revelations as Dance4Life a youth organisation campaigning on sexual health issues, partnered with the Maria Holder Memorial Trust to stage The Big Event – a party-type get together for teenagers, featuring popular local artistes and deejays at the Concorde Experience yesterday. (HLE)
Please read the full story in today's Daily Nation, or in the eNATION edition.