The National Stadium (FP)
- ECCB to issue world’s first blockchain-based digital currency Read More
- Amazon pulls the plug on New York headquarters Read More
- First gold Read More
- Rain delays CARIFTA Games Read More
- Wanted: A more efficient airport Read More
- Low-hanging fruit for all Read More
- Don’t spoil the ‘Endgame’ Read More
THE GAMES will go on, but the stands at this country’s most used sports facility are off limits for the next several months.
Government has made a decision to temporarily close all five stands at the National Stadium, until repairs are completed.
In an exclusive interview with the SUNDAY SUN yesterday, Minister of Sport, Stephen Lashley said the decision was based solely on safety concerns.
“It’s something we had to do. I could not sit any longer as minister and just hope and pray that a patron isn’t seriously injured while attending an event at the National Stadium,” he said.
Please read the full story in today's Sunday Sun, or in the eNATION edition.