- Amazon pulls the plug on New York headquarters Read More
- Late interest payments from Central Bank Read More
- Windies set tough target for England Read More
- WI opt to bat first in opening ODI against England Read More
- Wanted: A more efficient airport Read More
- Low-hanging fruit for all Read More
- Sir Curtley now a dancing star Read More
ANABOLIC STEROIDS will soon be outlawed in local horse racing.
The move will be in keeping with rules laid down by the British Horse Racing Authority, which the Barbados Turf Club (BTC) takes guidance from.
However, no timeline has been set for the implementation of the proposed ban.
BTC’s executive officer Rosette Peirce told Nationsports yesterday that the Turf Club has to meet with all stakeholders first before any firm decision can be taken.
“We must have discussions with the stakeholders and get their views on the matter as a first step,” she reiterated.
Peirce continued: “We are guided by UK rules, so we have to explore that option but we will adapt to suit our needs.”
Please read the full story in today's Saturday Sun, or in the eNATION edition.