- FTC issues two decisions Read More
- ECCB to issue world’s first blockchain-based digital currency Read More
- Mottley against clean sweep Read More
- Call for mini-stadiums Read More
- Wanted: A more efficient airport Read More
- Low-hanging fruit for all Read More
- Mandela arrives for visit with PM and Buju show Read More
POLICE ARE DENYING reports that they chased the driver who took a shooting victim to the Queen Elizabeth Hospital today.
Public relations officer acting Assistant Superintendent David Welch said contrary to earlier reports, the man did not flee and is cooperating with officers.
He said a male construction worker was shot just after 11 a.m. while pursuing an unidentified man at Highpark, St Thomas.
The victim was reportedly on the job when he responded to a cry for help. He and other men chased the alleged assailant who reportedly turned and shot him in the neck.
Investigations are continuing. (CA)