Vice chairman of the Caribbean Association of Security Professionals Wendell Cumberbatch. (FP)
- World Bank's Kim sees ‘clear’ economic slowdown if trade war escalates Read More
- AA extends daily flight service to Barbados Read More
- Law suspended by ICC for opening two ODIs Read More
- Windies men target improved performances in ODIs and T20Is in India Read More
- Wanted: A more efficient airport Read More
- Low-hanging fruit for all Read More
- City Nights take on Broadway feel Read More
LOCAL COMPANIES NEED to exercise more care in hiring guards and other security officers.
The vice chairman of the Caribbean Association of Security Professionals, Wendell Cumberbatch, made this call today during a media briefing.
Cumberbatch said that many organisations did not carry out enough vetting of their security officers, to the point that a number of former prisoners were hired for sensitive jobs which they should not have been holding.
He told reporters recruitment of security personnel should be governed by proper selection standards. (TY)