Vice chairman of the Caribbean Association of Security Professionals Wendell Cumberbatch. (FP)
- CIBC FirstCaribbean appoints new CIO, managing director Read More
- Sam Lord’s Castle: Into The Future Read More
- Under-17 football final today Read More
- Haynes breaks Holder’s grip Read More
- Solidarity now an empty slogan Read More
- Stick to preaching the Gospel Read More
- King Bubba on Bequia stage tonight Read More
LOCAL COMPANIES NEED to exercise more care in hiring guards and other security officers.
The vice chairman of the Caribbean Association of Security Professionals, Wendell Cumberbatch, made this call today during a media briefing.
Cumberbatch said that many organisations did not carry out enough vetting of their security officers, to the point that a number of former prisoners were hired for sensitive jobs which they should not have been holding.
He told reporters recruitment of security personnel should be governed by proper selection standards. (TY)