Combermere students on the pasture after being evacuated earlier this year. (FP)
- CIBC FirstCaribbean appoints new private wealth investment advisor Read More
- Spotlight on issues affecting females in the workforce Read More
- Windies ‘up for it’ Read More
- Passage roar again Read More
- Spare the rod and . . . Read More
- PR not only for damage control Read More
- NCF calls for judges in the arts Read More
TEACHERS AT Combermere School will not be reporting to the Waterford, St Michael campus tomorrow.
President of their representative Barbados Secondary Teachers' Union, Mary Redman, said that teachers were not on strike and would be reporting to their employer at the Ministry of Education instead.
Redman said the action was as a result of ongoing environmental problems at the school, which have resulted in several staff members and students falling ill.
Meanwhile, the Ministry of Education has closed the school for the remainder of the week. (YB)