- ECCB to issue world’s first blockchain-based digital currency Read More
- Amazon pulls the plug on New York headquarters Read More
- Job well done! Read More
- Windies greats going with Skerritt Read More
- Wanted: A more efficient airport Read More
- Low-hanging fruit for all Read More
- New-look Crop Over coming Read More
ST GEORGE’S – It looks to be a done deal that CARICOM and the West Indies Cricket Board (WICB) will now be making joint decisions on pertinent matters relating to the game internationally.
Word of this has come from the man who chaired Tuesday’s critical CARICOM Committee on Cricket Governance meeting here, Grenadian Prime Minister, Dr Keith Mitchell.
The meeting was held to deal with the reform and governance of West Indies Cricket; matters with the Board of Control for Cricket in India over the aborted West Indies Tour of India last year; and the relationship between the CARICOM Committee on Cricket Governance and the WICB.
“CARICOM leadership will be involved in the exercise and the WICB will also be involved…so it’s going to be a joint exercise on the way forward and we have agreed on a formula that I will be the central leadership in moving it forward,” Mitchell told NATIONSPORT.
Please read the full story in today's Daily Nation, or in the eNATION edition.