Russell Elcock won Saturday’s time trial. (Picture by Deidre Mayers.)
- Making monumental impact Read More
- British Airways boost for travel to and from Barbados Read More
- Innings update BCA schools Under-19 final Read More
- Harte’s back Read More
- Wanted: A more efficient airport Read More
- Low-hanging fruit for all Read More
- Stan Lee, creator of many Marvel superheroes, dead at 95 Read More
IT’S RUSSELL ELCOCK. Again.
The reigning national time trial king repeated as champion on Saturday when he edged Mecalfab Heat Wave’s Joshua Kelly for the 40K title on the popular Mile-And-A-Quarter circuit.
Riding as an independent cyclist, Elcock completed the course in 50:21 minutes, relegating Kelly to second after the talented teen clocked a very impressive 51:17.
“It was tough because Josh did a really good time trial and I am very impressed with him, so much so that I congratulated him afterwards. He has a very bright future in the time trial and I had to hand it to him,” said Elcock, the current record holder. (JM)
Please read the full story in today’s Daily Nation, or in the eNATION edition.