- ECCB to issue world’s first blockchain-based digital currency Read More
- Amazon pulls the plug on New York headquarters Read More
- Wheelchair warriors a hit Read More
- Latapy ‘on board’ Read More
- Wanted: A more efficient airport Read More
- Low-hanging fruit for all Read More
- New-look Crop Over coming Read More
MEMBERS OF THE Drug Squad have formally charged Nyzinga Onifa, 55, of Cane Vale Crescent, Christ Church.
Last Thursday, Customs officials at the Grantley Adams International Airport searched a stove and dryer which were imported and a total of 41 pounds of cannabis were found in the appliances.
Further investigations led to Onifa, who is scheduled to appear at the Oistins Magistrates Court on Monday.
She is charged with possession of cannabis, possession with intent to supply, trafficking and importation. (PR/SAT)