- ECCB to issue world’s first blockchain-based digital currency Read More
- Amazon pulls the plug on New York headquarters Read More
- Wheelchair warriors a hit Read More
- Latapy ‘on board’ Read More
- Wanted: A more efficient airport Read More
- Low-hanging fruit for all Read More
- New-look Crop Over coming Read More
TWO MEN HAVE BEEN jointly charged in the trafficking of cocaine and cannabis.
They are Antonio Ricardo Worrell, 38, of Bridge Gap, Black Rock, St Michael and 45-year-old David Oscar Huggins of Pile Bay, St Michael.
They were jointly charged with possession, possession with intent to supply and trafficking of cannabis and cocaine.
Last Thursday around 2:30 p.m., police responded to a report of suspicious activity in Road View, St Peter. Twenty-two pounds of cannabis and 19.1 kilos of cocaine were seized offshore.
Further investigations led to Worrell and Huggins being arrested. They are expected to appear at the Holetown/District E Magistrates Court on Monday.
Meanwhile, two men are also in custody assisting police with investigations into the seizure of 66 pounds of cannabis.
On Saturday, the Drug Squad led the operation which intercepted a Barbadian registered fishing vessel seven nautical miles off Checker Hall, St Lucy. The two Barbadians were on board at the time. (PR/SAT)