Ministry of Social Care, Constituency Empowerment and Community Development, Steve Blackett. (FP)
- Late interest payments from Central Bank Read More
- FirstCaribbean’s Sheraton branch wins top award Read More
- Jones smashes Forde’s 400m indoor record Read More
- The key for WI Read More
- Wanted: A more efficient airport Read More
- Low-hanging fruit for all Read More
- Weaver to receive film honour Read More
BARBADOS LAUNCHED its celebration of Child Month today, with Minister of Social Care Steve Blackett calling on Barbadians to “celebrate and appreciate our children”.
Addressing a national children’s service at New Dimensions Ministries, Blackett said parents, guardians and other adults had an obligation to reclaim children from negative forces that overshadowed them.
He urged parents to exercise adequate supervision, saying they needed to pay attention to what influence their offspring's friends could have on them as well as to what their children were reading in the social media. (TY)