Ministry of Social Care, Constituency Empowerment and Community Development, Steve Blackett. (FP)
- ECCB to issue world’s first blockchain-based digital currency Read More
- Amazon pulls the plug on New York headquarters Read More
- Job well done! Read More
- Windies greats going with Skerritt Read More
- Wanted: A more efficient airport Read More
- Low-hanging fruit for all Read More
- New-look Crop Over coming Read More
BARBADOS LAUNCHED its celebration of Child Month today, with Minister of Social Care Steve Blackett calling on Barbadians to “celebrate and appreciate our children”.
Addressing a national children’s service at New Dimensions Ministries, Blackett said parents, guardians and other adults had an obligation to reclaim children from negative forces that overshadowed them.
He urged parents to exercise adequate supervision, saying they needed to pay attention to what influence their offspring's friends could have on them as well as to what their children were reading in the social media. (TY)