Police public relations officer acting Assistant Superintendent David Welch. (FP)
- CIBC FirstCaribbean appoints new CIO, managing director Read More
- Sam Lord’s Castle: Into The Future Read More
- North pull it off Read More
- We did well, says Brooks Read More
- Role of Christ’s soldiers in society Read More
- Solidarity now an empty slogan Read More
- King Bubba on Bequia stage tonight Read More
THOUSANDS OF CANNABIS plants went up in smoke today along with large quantities of compressed cannabis and cocaine.
Police public relations officer Acting Assistant Superintendent David Welch said police destroyed 5 173.41 pounds of compressed cannabis, 93 kilogrammes of cocaine and 15 675 cannabis plants.
He said the illegal drugs included those from cases that were adjudicated, seizures of plants found under cultivation and cases that were sampled according to the Evidence Act. (PR/NB)