The sprawling property at Her Majesty’s Prisons at Dodds, St Philip. (Picture by Lennox Devonish.)
- Barbados wins major recognition with Expedia award Read More
- Sagicor open to other offers Read More
- Champions League draw: Liverpool v Bayern Munich, Man Utd v Paris St-Germain Read More
- Pride had belief Read More
- Wanted: A more efficient airport Read More
- Low-hanging fruit for all Read More
- Love for Smokey Read More
BARBADOS’ LONE PRISON is almost full.
And there are not enough guards to patrol the hallways at Her Majesty’s Prisons Dodds.
There are now 924 inmates at the St Philip facility, the highest in 24 months, and in a complex that was built to house 1 150.
Three hundred and ninety-one people are employed at the correctional facility, well short of the 503 recommended to the Ministry of Home Affairs eight years ago.
But Attorney General Adriel Brathwaite isn’t overly worried about the numbers right now.
Please read the full story in today's Sunday Sun, or in the eNATION edition.