- CIBC FirstCaribbean assists Nature Fun Ranch Read More
- BRA closing early at Weymouth and Pine Read More
- Brereton keeps title Read More
- Drug problem Read More
- Give monument some attention Read More
- Govt should be solutions-driven Read More
- Court of Appeal orders retrial for Soca star Machel Montano Read More
DAMNED IF YOU, damned if you don’t.
This is the position of Minister of International Business Donville Inniss as he responded to a report that Barbados had been blacklisted by the European Union (EU) as a haven for multinational companies that avoid paying tax within the union.
But Inniss said it seemed that the goalposts were being shifted every time an effort was made to comply with international regulations.
“I can’t speak for all the jurisdictions but I know that this labelling of Barbados is extremely unfortunate and as minister responsible for international business I am not going to sit back and take this lightly. Barbados is a reputable jurisdiction with a very clean [record] and I intend to adopt an approach where all gloves are off.
Please read the full story in today's Weekend Nation, or in the eNATION edition.