- Nation Group restructuring Read More
- CTO CDB looking to double number of Hospitality Assured businesses Read More
- Darian King out of Miami Open Read More
- New era as St Albans and St Giles top NAPSAC for the first time Read More
- Is it wrong to be right? Read More
- Powers that be not in sync Read More
- NCF calls for judges in the arts Read More
DAMNED IF YOU, damned if you don’t.
This is the position of Minister of International Business Donville Inniss as he responded to a report that Barbados had been blacklisted by the European Union (EU) as a haven for multinational companies that avoid paying tax within the union.
But Inniss said it seemed that the goalposts were being shifted every time an effort was made to comply with international regulations.
“I can’t speak for all the jurisdictions but I know that this labelling of Barbados is extremely unfortunate and as minister responsible for international business I am not going to sit back and take this lightly. Barbados is a reputable jurisdiction with a very clean [record] and I intend to adopt an approach where all gloves are off.
Please read the full story in today's Weekend Nation, or in the eNATION edition.