Hurdlers Shane Brathwaite (left) and Greggmar Swift are in the Barbados team for the Pan Am Games. (FP)
- Amazon pulls the plug on New York headquarters Read More
- Late interest payments from Central Bank Read More
- Red win again at CP Read More
- England upstage Gayle Read More
- Wanted: A more efficient airport Read More
- Low-hanging fruit for all Read More
- Actor Jussie Smollett arrested, accused of lying to Chicago police Read More
TWENTY-NINE ATHLETES have been selected to represent Barbados at the upcoming Pan American Games in Toronto, Canada.
Athletics makes up the bulk of athletes with 14 while swimming and tennis have three persons each.
Badminton and shooting will be represented by two athletes each while there will be one competitor in boxing, equestrian, golf, triathlon and weightlifting.
The Pan Am Games will be held from July 10 to 26.
Athletics – Levi Cadogan, Ramon Gittens, Shane Brathwaite, Greggmar Swift, Mario Burke, Burkhart Ellis, Nicholas Deshong, Sonia Gaskin, Tia-Adana Belle, Akela Jones, Nadia Cummins, Kierre Beckles, Sade Sealy, Sada Williams.
Swimming – Lani Cabrera, Christopher Courtis, Alex Sobers.
Tennis – Darian King, Seanon Williams, Haydn Lewis.
Badminton – Dakeil Thorpe, Sabrina Scott
Shooting – Michelle Elliot, Michael Maskell
Triathlon – Jason Wilson
Weightlifting – Brien Best
Boxing – Adrian Biscette
Golf – James Johnson
Equestrian – Emily Kinch
Management Team – Esther Maynard (Chef de Mission), Glyne Clarke (Team Manager), Sharon Coppin (Massage Therapist), Marita Mashall (Physio), Carl Ward (Doctor). (PG)