Archbishop Dr John Holder.
- Making monumental impact Read More
- British Airways boost for travel to and from Barbados Read More
- Innings update BCA schools Under-19 final Read More
- Harte’s back Read More
- Wanted: A more efficient airport Read More
- Low-hanging fruit for all Read More
- Stan Lee, creator of many Marvel superheroes, dead at 95 Read More
EVEN IF same-sex marriages are legalised in Barbados, don’t expect the Anglican church to perform them.
Dr John Holder, Anglican Bishop of Barbados and Archbishop of the West Indies, made this clear yesterday, saying that developments in the United States had not shifted the church’s position.
He told reporters the Anglican Church would not accept or perform same-sex marriages in this country, holding to the definition of marriage as the union between a man and woman.
Please read the full story in today's Weekend Nation, or in the eNATION edition.