Archbishop Dr John Holder.
- CDB officially opens office in Haiti Read More
- No short fix for the economy Read More
- Matthews hundred earns Windies share of series Read More
- Celestial storms away with feature Read More
- Wanted: A more efficient airport Read More
- Low-hanging fruit for all Read More
- The voice that is Ch’An Read More
EVEN IF same-sex marriages are legalised in Barbados, don’t expect the Anglican church to perform them.
Dr John Holder, Anglican Bishop of Barbados and Archbishop of the West Indies, made this clear yesterday, saying that developments in the United States had not shifted the church’s position.
He told reporters the Anglican Church would not accept or perform same-sex marriages in this country, holding to the definition of marriage as the union between a man and woman.
Please read the full story in today's Weekend Nation, or in the eNATION edition.