Archbishop Dr John Holder.
- Amazon pulls the plug on New York headquarters Read More
- Late interest payments from Central Bank Read More
- Lunch update: 2nd ODI WI VS England Read More
- WIPA executive returns for consecutive terms Read More
- Wanted: A more efficient airport Read More
- Low-hanging fruit for all Read More
- QUON to represent the Barbados in TNT Read More
EVEN IF same-sex marriages are legalised in Barbados, don’t expect the Anglican church to perform them.
Dr John Holder, Anglican Bishop of Barbados and Archbishop of the West Indies, made this clear yesterday, saying that developments in the United States had not shifted the church’s position.
He told reporters the Anglican Church would not accept or perform same-sex marriages in this country, holding to the definition of marriage as the union between a man and woman.
Please read the full story in today's Weekend Nation, or in the eNATION edition.