Maritime interests have been told to strictly observe the Kick em’ Jenny Volcano Exclusion Zone of five kilometres around the summit of the volcano. (Picture compliments St Vincent and The Grenadines’ National Emergency Management Organisation.)
- Barbados to sign tax agreement with OECD Read More
- International business ministry comments on removal from blacklist Read More
- Kirton off to Canada for qualifiers Read More
- Kirby gets second gold Read More
- Unbearable wait for Sargeant Street bus Read More
- Role of Christ’s soldiers in society Read More
- Gospel thriller Read More
THE SEISMIC RESEARCH Centre of the University of the West Indies, St Augustine, Trinidad has notified authorities in the Eastern Caribbean that there has been heightened seismic activities at Kick 'em Jenny which is an underwater volcano located in the Southern Grenadines.
As a result of the increased activities, the Government of Grenada has issued an alert to all maritime interests to strictly observe the Kick 'em Jenny Volcano Exclusion Zone of five kilometres around the summit of the volcano.
This is according to a release from St Vincent and The Grenadines’ National Emergency Management Organisation.
NEMO said director of maritime affairs, Commander David Robin will prepare guidance notes and coordinates which will be issued to the maritime public locally, regionally and internationally during the course of the day.
Director the Seismic Research Centre Dr Richard Robertson, who is currently in St Vincent and the Grenadines, will make a statement on this situation later today. (PR/NB)