Dwight Holder was shot and killed. (Picture by Sandy Pitt)
- Airbnb to remove listings in Israel’s West Bank settlements Read More
- Barbados, Symmonds, recognised at World Travel Market Read More
- Opening ‘no problem’, for Dottin Read More
- Farley bounces back Read More
- Wanted: A more efficient airport Read More
- Low-hanging fruit for all Read More
- Bim Tipsy is in full swing Read More
A TEACHER IS THE VICTIM of a shooting incident which occurred in the early hours of Friday.
Dwight Holder, 30, died on the spot during the shooting which took place in Longford Place, Waterford, St Michael. Holder, a teacher at Half Moon Fort Primary School, was visiting relatives in the area.
Reports indicate it was the result of an altercation between two rival groups.
Two other men were rushed to the Queen Elizabeth Hospital to seek treatment for gunshot injuries.
Family members and friends tried to console Holder’s mother Caroline (above) at the scene.
Police are carrying out investigations. (SP)