One of David Bellamy’s sisters, who said she had just sent him to the shop, was inconsolable as she viewed his lifeless body. (Picture by Reco Moore)
- Amazon pulls the plug on New York headquarters Read More
- Late interest payments from Central Bank Read More
- WIPA executive returns for consecutive terms Read More
- 2nd ODI WI VS England underway Read More
- Wanted: A more efficient airport Read More
- Low-hanging fruit for all Read More
- Actor Jussie Smollett arrested, accused of lying to Chicago police Read More
SEVERAL MEMBERS of the Bellamy family rushed to Bridgetown yesterday afternoon as word spread that one of their family members had collapsed and died.
David Bellamy, 55, of Trellis Walk, Grazettes, St Michael, was walking at the back of St Mary’s Church, at Literary Row, The City, on his way to a shop, around 2 p.m., when according to eyewitnesses, he started shaking before falling.
His younger brother Charles arrived on the scene and immediately began to cry. Two sisters arrived shortly after and both broke down sobbing loudly and had to be assisted by the police and onlookers at the scene.
One sister, whose name we were unable to ascertain, said she had just sent him to the shop.
“I can’t believe he is dead,” she cried.
It is understood that Bellamy was an employee of the Sanitation Service Authority.