Children from St Lucy Primary schools were the latest recipients of tablets. (Picture by Ricardo Leacock)
- Making monumental impact Read More
- British Airways boost for travel to and from Barbados Read More
- Jules to miss USVI game Read More
- Two reign supreme Read More
- Wanted: A more efficient airport Read More
- Low-hanging fruit for all Read More
- Stan Lee, creator of many Marvel superheroes, dead at 95 Read More
STUDENTS FROM THE four primary schools in St Lucy are the latest recipients of Samsung tablets from the Aron and Christina Truss Foundation.
Almost 80 Class 3 pupils from Half Moon Fort, Ignatius Byer, Selah and St Lucy Primary schools and their teachers collected their tablets during a brief ceremony at the Daryll Jordan Secondary School this morning.
Parliamentary representative and Minister of Housing Denis Kellman was also present.
A donation towards the tablets was made by Keith Morris.
It is hoped that the children will use the technology over the next two years in their preparation for the 11-Plus exam, and there will be improved results from the St Lucy schools. (YB)