BIG BITE: Andy “Black Dog” Richards won the admiration of the Silver Hill fans with some sizzling shots. (Picture by Kenmore Bynoe)
- Blow to Digicel Read More
- Entrepreneurs making pitch for chance of a lifetime Read More
- Concern over spike in drug violations Read More
- QC and Foundation in final clash Read More
- Wanted: A more efficient airport Read More
- Low-hanging fruit for all Read More
- HBO, Game of Thrones lead nominations for TV’s Emmy awards Read More
FOUR YEARS ago the Silver Hill Road Tennis Championship was launched and thousands thronged the Silver Hill hard courts to fall in love with Mark “Venom” Griffith.
Last year the fans fell in love again with the returning shots master, Antonio “Lil Man” Daniel, who provided thunder and lightning even on a clear night.
On Tuesday night close to 1 500 fans ringed the court to begin a new love affair with another returning giant Andy “Black Dog” Richards who put on a show of top class road tennis. Richards outplayed the unpredictable Shabbir Greenidge 21-10, 21-17 as Silver Hill broke into a celebratory frenzy.
Please read the full story in today's Daily Nation, or in the eNATION edition.