BIG BITE: Andy “Black Dog” Richards won the admiration of the Silver Hill fans with some sizzling shots. (Picture by Kenmore Bynoe)
- Amazon pulls the plug on New York headquarters Read More
- Late interest payments from Central Bank Read More
- Windies set tough target for England Read More
- WI opt to bat first in opening ODI against England Read More
- Wanted: A more efficient airport Read More
- Low-hanging fruit for all Read More
- Sir Curtley now a dancing star Read More
FOUR YEARS ago the Silver Hill Road Tennis Championship was launched and thousands thronged the Silver Hill hard courts to fall in love with Mark “Venom” Griffith.
Last year the fans fell in love again with the returning shots master, Antonio “Lil Man” Daniel, who provided thunder and lightning even on a clear night.
On Tuesday night close to 1 500 fans ringed the court to begin a new love affair with another returning giant Andy “Black Dog” Richards who put on a show of top class road tennis. Richards outplayed the unpredictable Shabbir Greenidge 21-10, 21-17 as Silver Hill broke into a celebratory frenzy.
Please read the full story in today's Daily Nation, or in the eNATION edition.