- Bitcoin soars to record high above $6 000 Read More
- BES president predicts another downgrade for Barbados Read More
- Lloyd does trick for Christ Church West Read More
- Hope high and dry on 90 Read More
- Effectively manage fear of change Read More
- Let’s draw the line here Read More
- Seventh heaven Read More
The best triple jumper in the world has Barbadian parents. Christian Taylor, whose parents are from St Philip, produced an incredible hop, skip and jump in the fourth round of the triple jump to strike gold at the World Athletic Championships in Daegu, South Korea, yesterday. Taylor’s world-leading leap of 17.96 metres is fifth best on the all-time list. Defending champion Phillip Idowu had the best series of jumps and after three rounds was atop the leaderboard with a leap measured at 17.70 metres, but his hopes of a repeat gold evaporated in the Korean night once Taylor had raised his game. Christian’s grandfather Grantley Taylor, a former director and general manager of Cave Shepherd department store, was on cloud nine at home in Kent Ridge, Christ Church, when the DAILY NATION contacted him. Read the full story in today's DAILY NATION.