- How the US rate increase affects the Caribbean Read More
- BARBADOS EMPLOYERS' CONFEDERATION: 24/7 operations and the issues Read More
- Garrison Racing Results - Valentine’s Day Raceday card Read More
- Leicester are for real, five point clear in Premier League Read More
- RON IN COMMON – More opportunities to travel north Read More
- EDITORIAL: Don’t trigger moral panic Read More
- Voice wins International Soca Monarch title Read More
The best triple jumper in the world has Barbadian parents. Christian Taylor, whose parents are from St Philip, produced an incredible hop, skip and jump in the fourth round of the triple jump to strike gold at the World Athletic Championships in Daegu, South Korea, yesterday. Taylor’s world-leading leap of 17.96 metres is fifth best on the all-time list. Defending champion Phillip Idowu had the best series of jumps and after three rounds was atop the leaderboard with a leap measured at 17.70 metres, but his hopes of a repeat gold evaporated in the Korean night once Taylor had raised his game. Christian’s grandfather Grantley Taylor, a former director and general manager of Cave Shepherd department store, was on cloud nine at home in Kent Ridge, Christ Church, when the DAILY NATION contacted him. Read the full story in today's DAILY NATION.