General Manager of Beacon Insurance, Brian Hennis (left), presenting Minister of Sports Stephen Lashley with a cheque to assist with the Road Tennis National Championships. (Picture by Ria Goodman.)
- Making monumental impact Read More
- British Airways boost for travel to and from Barbados Read More
- Innings update BCA schools Under-19 final Read More
- Harte’s back Read More
- Wanted: A more efficient airport Read More
- Low-hanging fruit for all Read More
- Stan Lee, creator of many Marvel superheroes, dead at 95 Read More
THE WORD IS OUT! Road tennis is ready to be taken to the world stage as plans are being made to host the inaugural World Road Tennis Tournament.
So said Minister of Sports Stephen Lashley at a Press launch to announce the upcoming National Inter-Parish Road Tennis Championships.
Lashley said the sport had become extremely popular in Barbados over the years and, with his comments in the past that the country needed to be positioned to have a world road tennis tournament, the time has now come.
“Over the past year a committee was put in place to plan a tournament, which is slated for November 2016, coinciding with our 50th anniversary of Independence,” said Lashley.
Please read the full story in today's Saturday Sun, or in the eNATION edition.