Charles “Crazy” Bourne reflecting on the Maria Agard expulsion yesterday. (Picture by Lennox Devonish.)
- ECCB to issue world’s first blockchain-based digital currency Read More
- Amazon pulls the plug on New York headquarters Read More
- Wheelchair warriors a hit Read More
- Latapy ‘on board’ Read More
- Wanted: A more efficient airport Read More
- Low-hanging fruit for all Read More
- New-look Crop Over coming Read More
A BLESSING IN DISGUISE.
That’s how member of the Barbados Labour Party’s Christ Church West constituency branch, Charles “Crazy” Bourne, who has worked closely in the constituency prior to Maria Agard becoming a Member of Parliament, described her expulsion from the Bees.
Bourne said yesterday: “Everything was running sweet until she [Agard] come and want to rig up she own thing.”
He charged that Agard sought to bring in who she wanted to fill key positions, effectively dismissing longstanding members of the branch.
Bourne, who said he had been a member of the BLP since 1976, noted now elections could go back to how it was supposed to be - “fair”. (LK)
Please read the full story in today’s Daily Nation, or in the eNATION edition.