Her Majesty's Prison Dodds (FILE)
- ECCB to issue world’s first blockchain-based digital currency Read More
- Amazon pulls the plug on New York headquarters Read More
- Complex blues Read More
- HC and SMS against the odds Read More
- Wanted: A more efficient airport Read More
- Low-hanging fruit for all Read More
- New-look Crop Over coming Read More
THE PRISON MEDICAL UNIT is severely short of staff and has no emergency vehicles or doctors on staff.
The revelation about the unit being deserted throughout the night and doctors only making four-hour visits four days a week to Her Majesty’s Prisons Dodds came out on Monday in the No. 4 Supreme Court. It was investigating the claims of prisoner Devere Millington, 43, that with his heart condition the St Philip jailhouse was no place for him.
The suspended policeman, of Breezy Hill, Halton Terrace, St Philip, is on remand after pleading not guilty to rape, but guilty to three serious indecency counts on November 6.
Head of the HMP Dodds’ medical unit, Zelda Hippolyte, a registered nurse of 32 years, was summoned to testify as to whether the facility was fit and adequate to treat someone with a cardiac condition. She was questioned extensively by defence counsel Alvin Babb. (TKS)