Member of Parliament for the St Michael South East constituency Santia Bradshaw centre receiving the items for Dominica from members of the Pinelands Youth Soccer Academy (left) Kamaal Bryan and (right) Tajio James. (Picture by Christoff Griffith.)
- Amazon pulls the plug on New York headquarters Read More
- Late interest payments from Central Bank Read More
- Red win again at CP Read More
- England upstage Gayle Read More
- Wanted: A more efficient airport Read More
- Low-hanging fruit for all Read More
- Actor Jussie Smollett arrested, accused of lying to Chicago police Read More
PINELANDS, ST MICHAEL residents, particularly those involved in football, have staged a collection drive for Dominica.
The eastern Caribbean country was devastated by Tropical Storm Erika in August.
Organiser Fernando Best said the community which has often been on the receiving end wanted to give back.
He organised a football tournament at which a number of items were collected included food, toiletries and football gear.
They were handed over to Member of Parliament for the St Michael South East constituency Santia Bradshaw at the Parkinson Resource Centre today. (LK)