Member of Parliament for the St Michael South East constituency Santia Bradshaw centre receiving the items for Dominica from members of the Pinelands Youth Soccer Academy (left) Kamaal Bryan and (right) Tajio James. (Picture by Christoff Griffith.)
- CIBC FirstCaribbean appoints new private wealth investment advisor Read More
- Spotlight on issues affecting females in the workforce Read More
- Williams still the queen Read More
- Barbados looking to beat Bermuda in friendly Read More
- Powers that be not in sync Read More
- Spare the rod and . . . Read More
- NCF calls for judges in the arts Read More
PINELANDS, ST MICHAEL residents, particularly those involved in football, have staged a collection drive for Dominica.
The eastern Caribbean country was devastated by Tropical Storm Erika in August.
Organiser Fernando Best said the community which has often been on the receiving end wanted to give back.
He organised a football tournament at which a number of items were collected included food, toiletries and football gear.
They were handed over to Member of Parliament for the St Michael South East constituency Santia Bradshaw at the Parkinson Resource Centre today. (LK)