PRESIDENT of the Barbados Boxing Association Anthony Jones (second right) is joined by (from left) Neil Murrell, George Shepherd and Earl Maynard. (Kenmore Bynoe)
- FTC issues two decisions Read More
- ECCB to issue world’s first blockchain-based digital currency Read More
- Mottley against clean sweep Read More
- Call for mini-stadiums Read More
- Wanted: A more efficient airport Read More
- Low-hanging fruit for all Read More
- Mandela arrives for visit with PM and Buju show Read More
A SMALL crowd turned out at the George Lamming School Hall for the recent evening of celebration for the successful national boxing team and ten coaches who received international qualifications.
The social evening was held to close out the year of activities of the Barbados Boxing Association and present was former top bodybuilder Earl Maynard and former boxing champion Christopher “Shaka” Henry.
The national boxing team returned home from the Caribbean Development Boxing Championships held in Guyana last month after performing exceptionally well. The team won nine gold, one silver and three bronze medals.
Please read the full story in today's Daily Nation, or in the eNATION edition.