Barbadian Zane Maloney holding the Barbados flag on the starting grid at the start of the final race of the World Karting Association’s Daytona KartWeek. (GP)
- Apple hit with trademark lawsuit over iPhone X ‘animoji’ feature Read More
- Bitcoin soars to record high above $6 000 Read More
- Dottin sets T20 record Read More
- Windies choke-hold Read More
- Let Town Planning police building code Read More
- The Debt Snowball and recovering from financial loss Read More
- Barbadian dance group appears on Wendy Williams Show Read More
BARBADIAN Zane Maloney is the fourth fastest karter in the world.
The former Barbados Karting Association (BKA) champion driver finished fourth at the World Karting Association’s Daytona KartWeek at the Daytona International Speedway on Wednesday.
But it was not all plain sailing for Maloney, who was the “pole-sitter”, as he was knocked off the track in the first corner and dropped to seventh place, but fought his way up to finish fourth overall by the time the drivers reached the chequered flag.
His cousin Joshua Maloney was off the pace and finished 15th overall in what was a competitive international karting meet at the well known American circuit.
Please read the full story in today's Daily Nation, or in the eNATION edition.