Mark St Hill (FP)
- Amazon pulls the plug on New York headquarters Read More
- Late interest payments from Central Bank Read More
- Lunch update: 2nd ODI WI VS England Read More
- WIPA executive returns for consecutive terms Read More
- Wanted: A more efficient airport Read More
- Low-hanging fruit for all Read More
- QUON to represent the Barbados in TNT Read More
THE REPUTATION of Barbadians for being prudent managers of their money has stood them in good stead with their loans and credit card payments, even during the recent economic crisis.
And after a slump in the mortgage market, Barbadians are once again turning to banks to finance home ownership or renovations.
This has been revealed by managing director for retail, business, and international banking at CIBC FirstCaribbean, Mark St Hill, who added that that the bank recorded one of its best years last year.
St Hill was speaking as CIBC FirstCaribbean International Bank prepared to open its new Finance Centre in Rendezvous, Christ Church, last week. (HLE)
Please read the full story in today's Sunday Sun, or in the eNATION edition.