Antoinette Mora speaking about the Mr Caribbean Show. (Picture courtesy Discover Dominica Authority)
- Barbados, Symmonds, recognised at World Travel Market Read More
- Making monumental impact Read More
- WIPA, CWI launch health insurance for players Read More
- ‘Bring back Thompson football’ Read More
- Wanted: A more efficient airport Read More
- Low-hanging fruit for all Read More
- World stage awaits artists Read More
ROSEAU – The Mr Caribbean show is on for the second time at the Arawak House of Culture on January 29.
Dominicans can expect a stiff competition filled with talent and creativity during the sections of introduction, costume, swim wear, formal wear and interview.
Speaking at a press conference, Antoinette Mora, the show’s main organiser, noted that although many pageants exist in Dominica which allow female counterparts to express themselves culturally, there was nothing for males.
This has since been changed with the addition of Mr Caribbean, a competition which will showcase five men aged 18 to 25 from Antigua, Dominican Republic, Grenada, Guyana and Dominica this year’s show.
“I am looking forward to putting on a splendid performance,” said Dominica’s representative for the show Junior Thomas.
Andrez Ramirez, the contestant representing the Dominican Republic, was also present at the press conference and invited everyone to the show to support his fellow contestants and himself. (PR)