A bevy of beauties, including 2015 Queen Meggah Michael (right), lines the front row at the Holetown Festival. (Pictures by Nigel Browne)
- FTC issues two decisions Read More
- ECCB to issue world’s first blockchain-based digital currency Read More
- Mottley against clean sweep Read More
- Call for mini-stadiums Read More
- Wanted: A more efficient airport Read More
- Low-hanging fruit for all Read More
- Mandela arrives for visit with PM and Buju show Read More
THE HOLETOWN FESTIVAL opened this evening with the usual pomp and pageantry.
In addition to getting a glimpse of the six beauties vying for the coveted title of Queen of the Festival, the hundreds who packed the Massy Stores car park also enjoyed performances from Rickardo Reid, Red Plastic Bag and reigning Calypso Monarch Classic.
The festival continues with activities each night this week and culminates next weekend with a BANKS/COCA COLA Street Fair on Saturday and the Queen of the Festival Pageant at the Frederick Smith Secondary School on Sunday. (YB)
Calypso King Classic performs at the Holetown Festival. (below)