A bevy of beauties, including 2015 Queen Meggah Michael (right), lines the front row at the Holetown Festival. (Pictures by Nigel Browne)
- Amazon pulls the plug on New York headquarters Read More
- Late interest payments from Central Bank Read More
- Slow pace at Classic Read More
- Gayle quitting One-Dayers after WC Read More
- Wanted: A more efficient airport Read More
- Low-hanging fruit for all Read More
- Rap scores Grammy breakthrough while girl power rules awards show Read More
THE HOLETOWN FESTIVAL opened this evening with the usual pomp and pageantry.
In addition to getting a glimpse of the six beauties vying for the coveted title of Queen of the Festival, the hundreds who packed the Massy Stores car park also enjoyed performances from Rickardo Reid, Red Plastic Bag and reigning Calypso Monarch Classic.
The festival continues with activities each night this week and culminates next weekend with a BANKS/COCA COLA Street Fair on Saturday and the Queen of the Festival Pageant at the Frederick Smith Secondary School on Sunday. (YB)
Calypso King Classic performs at the Holetown Festival. (below)