Dean Jeffrey Gibson. (Picture by Nigel Browne.)
- Sagicor open to other offers Read More
- Republic Financial Holdings to acquire Scotiabank in nine Caribbean countries Read More
- Trotman wants bats to step up Read More
- BFA scores big Read More
- Wanted: A more efficient airport Read More
- Low-hanging fruit for all Read More
- Shanta ready to Throw Wine Read More
DR JEFFREY GIBSON was last night installed as the 13th Dean of the Cathedral of St Michael and All Angels in a ceremony conducted with the ritual religious grandeur associated with this occasion in the Anglican Church.
Gibson was officially instituted and installed by Bishop Dr John Holder in a two-hour service, attended by hundreds of Anglicans, including Governor General Sir Elliott Belgrave and Lady Belgrave, Chief Justice Sir Marston Gibson and former prime minister Sir Lloyd Sandiford and Lady Sandiford.
Gibson succeeds Dean Frank Marshall, and last night Bishop Holder issued a charge to the new man at the helm of the mother church of the local Anglican diocese to take his ministry beyond the walls of the City church into the streets and businesses of Bridgetown.
Here, Dean Gibson raising the symbolic key to the Cathedral shortly after it was presented to him by the church’s wardens. Standing behind him with a supportive smile is Bishop Holder. (GC)