Centenarian Rupert Springer (left) sharing a toast with Governor General Sir Elliott Belgrave yesterday. (Picture by Ricardo Leacock.)
- Amazon pulls the plug on New York headquarters Read More
- Late interest payments from Central Bank Read More
- Stoute loses Pride of place again Read More
- Skier bags silver for Barbados Read More
- Wanted: A more efficient airport Read More
- Low-hanging fruit for all Read More
- Rap scores Grammy breakthrough while girl power rules awards show Read More
ST LUCY was abuzz with excitement yesterday as it celebrated a second centenarian within a week.
The family of birthday boy Rupert Sydney Springer held a lavish party to honour the patriarch of their family.
Governor General Sir Elliott Belgrave also paid his customary visit to the island’s newest centenarian.
Sir Elliott reminded those in attendance that visiting centenarians was part of his role, and one which he performed with great pleasure.
Please read the full story in today's Midweek Nation, or in the eNATION edition.