Centenarian Rupert Springer (left) sharing a toast with Governor General Sir Elliott Belgrave yesterday. (Picture by Ricardo Leacock.)
- Caribbean foods on display at Paris exhibition Read More
- BCCI backing Govt despite downgrade Read More
- Bravo miracle knock takes Knight Riders to thrilling victory Read More
- Long road ahead for hockey Read More
- Wanted: A more efficient airport Read More
- Low-hanging fruit for all Read More
- Barbadian film comes in for international acclaim Read More
ST LUCY was abuzz with excitement yesterday as it celebrated a second centenarian within a week.
The family of birthday boy Rupert Sydney Springer held a lavish party to honour the patriarch of their family.
Governor General Sir Elliott Belgrave also paid his customary visit to the island’s newest centenarian.
Sir Elliott reminded those in attendance that visiting centenarians was part of his role, and one which he performed with great pleasure.
Please read the full story in today's Midweek Nation, or in the eNATION edition.