Centenarian Rupert Springer (left) sharing a toast with Governor General Sir Elliott Belgrave yesterday. (Picture by Ricardo Leacock.)
- AA goes cashless in Barbados Read More
- World Bank's Kim sees ‘clear’ economic slowdown if trade war escalates Read More
- Lions ready to roar Read More
- Holder wants 300-plus scores Read More
- Wanted: A more efficient airport Read More
- Low-hanging fruit for all Read More
- City Nights take on Broadway feel Read More
ST LUCY was abuzz with excitement yesterday as it celebrated a second centenarian within a week.
The family of birthday boy Rupert Sydney Springer held a lavish party to honour the patriarch of their family.
Governor General Sir Elliott Belgrave also paid his customary visit to the island’s newest centenarian.
Sir Elliott reminded those in attendance that visiting centenarians was part of his role, and one which he performed with great pleasure.
Please read the full story in today's Midweek Nation, or in the eNATION edition.