Centenarian Rupert Springer (left) sharing a toast with Governor General Sir Elliott Belgrave yesterday. (Picture by Ricardo Leacock.)
- British construction industry faces EU worker exodus Read More
- Caribbean Export and CDB partner to provide greater access to finance for women-owned businesses Read More
- Windward Volcanoes 286-7 in 50 overs vs Guyana Jaguars Read More
- Pride final-bound Read More
- Gun violence horse long bolted Read More
- Streetcars can boost transport Read More
- Impact World: Free performing arts, sports and musical event series Read More
ST LUCY was abuzz with excitement yesterday as it celebrated a second centenarian within a week.
The family of birthday boy Rupert Sydney Springer held a lavish party to honour the patriarch of their family.
Governor General Sir Elliott Belgrave also paid his customary visit to the island’s newest centenarian.
Sir Elliott reminded those in attendance that visiting centenarians was part of his role, and one which he performed with great pleasure.
Please read the full story in today's Midweek Nation, or in the eNATION edition.