Paradise’s Narel George (second left) is surrounded by a host of Belfield defenders as he tries to head the ball away. (Picture by Kenmore Bynoe.)
- Amazon pulls the plug on New York headquarters Read More
- Late interest payments from Central Bank Read More
- Big win for Yellow House Read More
- Confident Nurse expects WI victory Read More
- Wanted: A more efficient airport Read More
- Low-hanging fruit for all Read More
- Sir Curtley now a dancing star Read More
A HAT-TRICK by Shaquille Stewart inspired defending champions Barbados Defence Force Sports Programme (BDFSP) to their eighth win of the season when the Digicel Premier League continued last Saturday night at the Barbados Football Association’s Wildey Astroturf.
BDFSP easily dismissed Lumisol Technology Inc. Pinelands 6-0 to stay two points clear at the top of the table from University of the West Indies (UWI), who had a goal feast of their own, as they defeated Empire 4-0 to move to 24 points from ten matches.
In the opening fixture of the triple-header, Direct TV Paradise’s impressive campaign continued as they defeated Phone Medic Repair Belfield 3-1.
Sixteen-year-old Elijah Downey (17th minute) and Ackeel Applewhaite (75th minute) scored on each side of Armando Lashley’s 11th league goal in the 29th minute.
Please read the full story in today's Daily Nation, or in the eNATION edition.