- Amazon pulls the plug on New York headquarters Read More
- Late interest payments from Central Bank Read More
- All Saints, Hillaby rule Norris Zone Read More
- United by football Read More
- Wanted: A more efficient airport Read More
- Low-hanging fruit for all Read More
- Rap scores Grammy breakthrough while girl power rules awards show Read More
I WANTED TO send this letter in before Valentine’s Day but I never got around to doing so. This is now the month of March, but I believe love should be an everyday thing.
What I am sending are not my originals, but I have added some of my own, as I believe there are hundreds or maybe thousands of love commandments, witty sayings and anecdotes out there for men and women.
I hope you’ll be able to print what I’ve sent you and I look forward to reading them in one of your publications. I have entitled them Commandments of Love:
• Give your parents their rightful place, but remember your mate is your lifelong companion. He/she should be first in line.
• Wear a smile for your loved ones. They need smiles most to fully know and understand you truly care.
• A dog loves a good belly rub to make it feel special. Don’t you think your spouse needs a big hug or back rub from time to time to make him or her feel special too?
• Your body is your temple and the part
of you your spouse can feel and touch. Do not abuse
it with excessive food, tobacco, drink or any foreign substance that goes into your arm or up your nose.
• Remember that cleanliness is a virtue.
• Willingly share all of your worldly goods with your mate.
• Do not forget to say, “I love you”. Even though your love may be constant, your spouse needs to hear those cherished words often.
• Remember that the approval of your spouse is worth far more than the adoring glances of a hundred strangers, so be true to him or her, and forsake all others.
• Permit neither your business nor your hobby
to make you a stranger
to your spouse. The most precious gift you can give is time.
• Never go to bed angry with your spouse. It will ultimately affect your dream life.
• Forgive your loved ones with grace, because who among us does not need to be forgiven?
• Honour the Lord your God every day of your life, and your children will grow up to bless you.
• While we set qualifications regarding the right person to love, at the back of our heads the person whom we truly love will always be an exception.
• Love is the thing that enables a woman to sing while she mops up the floor after her husband has walked across it in his dirty shoes.
• True love comes quietly, without banners or flashing lights. If you hear bells, get your ears checked.
• The sick, poor, hurting, lost and sad need love. Give it without interest and without asking for anything in return.
• Dare to love and love without reservation.
Thanks for sharing these serious, witty, amusing and interesting “one-liners”. They are much appreciated, even though they were not sent in time for Valentine’s Day. You’re right – every day is an opportunity to love.