Minister of Sports Stephen Lashley. (FP)
- ECCB to issue world’s first blockchain-based digital currency Read More
- Amazon pulls the plug on New York headquarters Read More
- Wheelchair warriors a hit Read More
- Latapy ‘on board’ Read More
- Wanted: A more efficient airport Read More
- Low-hanging fruit for all Read More
- New-look Crop Over coming Read More
MINISTER OF SPORTS, Stephen Lashley, has praised both West Indies cricket teams for their stellar performances in both World T20 games.
In a statement released to the media, an elated Lashley stated: “I am certainly very happy with this achievement…I know that I join all West Indian fans in congratulating our two teams; the men and the women in this world cup championship.”
While recognising the great achievement of the two teams, Minister Lashley also acknowledged that the road was not an easy one. “West Indies cricket has been in the balance for quite a while…it has not been easy, and certainly following the games, this really is a comeback by our teams,” he stated.
“They’ve worked hard [and] on behalf of the Government and people of Barbados I would like to say congratulations,” the Minister continued.
During the two games played yesterday, the West Indies Women won against the Australian Women’s team by eight wickets to take the Women’s World T20 title, while the West Indies Men’s team won against England in the final of the World T20 at the Eden Gardens in Kolkata. (BGIS)