- Jamaican group completes take-over of Trinidad insurance company Read More
- Government ‘losing out’ on taxes Read More
- World Cup squad unchanged Read More
- Twin sisters on the rise Read More
- Wanted: A more efficient airport Read More
- Low-hanging fruit for all Read More
- ‘All agreed’ on Crop of changes Read More
QUICK PICKS ARE drawing quick fire from the men of the cloth as the Barbados Lottery introduced Sunday gambling.
On April 10 the Barbados Lottery began four draws for the Pick 3, Pick 4 and Double Draw games on the “Lord’s day”, saying that it would generate more funds for the company’s beneficiaries.
However, some church leaders have rebuked the action, complaining that the tradition of Sunday as a holy day was no longer being observed.
Site manager of Barbados Lottery, Dentonia Brewster, said there was no objection from people whose Sabbath fell on Saturday and they continued to observe that day in spite of the betting that takes place on that day.
Please read the full story in today's Sunday Sun, or in the eNATION edition.