Antigua and Barbuda’s Minister for Tourism Asot Michael will chair the meeting of the OECS Council of Ministers on Tourism. (GP)
- Sandals seeks to clear air regarding withholding taxes Read More
- Sagicor rebrands Harmony Hall location Read More
- Gittens going for gold Read More
- Logie backs WI Women to rebound Read More
- Wanted: A more efficient airport Read More
- Low-hanging fruit for all Read More
- Mrs Maisel, Game of Thrones win on night of Emmy upsets Read More
CASTRIES – The third OECS Council of Ministers meeting on Tourism matters will be convened under the theme: OECS Economic Union: Tourism, driving Growth and Development on Thursday in Antigua and Barbuda.
Some key aspects to be discussed at this meeting include Facilitation of Ease of Travel within the OECS, Joint Promotion of the OECS Region, The OECS Eastern Caribbean Institute of Tourism as well as the World Bank Regional Tourism Competitiveness Project.
Antigua & Barbuda’s Minister for Tourism Asot Michael will chair the meeting at the Sandals Grande Antigua Resort & Spa.
A regional approach to addressing the Zika virus and its implications for the vital tourism sector is also part of the agenda for the OECS Council of Ministers meeting on Tourism matters.
In addition to representatives from OECS Member States, the Minister for Tourism from St Martin, Jeanne Rogers-Vanterpool; Secretary General of the Caribbean Tourism Organisation Hugh Riley and Frank Comito, the CEO and Director General of the Caribbean Hotel and Tourism Association will be observers at the meeting. (PR)