Betty Springer striking while the iron is hot, or more precisely, collecting water while the tap is running. She said she was taking no chances. (Picture by Lennox Devonish)
- Making monumental impact Read More
- British Airways boost for travel to and from Barbados Read More
- Innings update BCA schools Under-19 final Read More
- Harte’s back Read More
- Wanted: A more efficient airport Read More
- Low-hanging fruit for all Read More
- Stan Lee, creator of many Marvel superheroes, dead at 95 Read More
BARBADOS’ water woes show no sign of abating as the latest word is from Shop Hill, St Thomas, where some residents have gone weeks without running water.
Other residents tell stories of water going off at night, coming on in the morning and then going off again for the rest of the day.
This was the case in Grand View, where Yvonne Walcott has resigned herself to her fate. She said she has a stringent water collection schedule and has no choice but to endure.
“Two weeks ago we didn’t have water for five days straight then it start to go off late at night and come on early in the morning. (CA)
Please read the full story in today’s Weekend Nation, or in the eNATION edition.