Massy United’s Jacob Kelly (left) winning the junior time trial title and Russell Elcock cruising to his fifth straight time trial crown. (GPs)
- Sagicor open to other offers Read More
- Republic Financial Holdings to acquire Scotiabank in nine Caribbean countries Read More
- Warning shot Read More
- Under 17 team in Argentina Read More
- Wanted: A more efficient airport Read More
- Low-hanging fruit for all Read More
- Shanta ready to Throw Wine Read More
RUSSELL ELCOCK is still very much time trial king.
Joshua Kelly’s bid for cycling history came up just short, as Elcock triumphantly defended yet another national crown yesterday when he won the National Time Trial event on an unfamiliar St Philip to St George circuit.
Riding from Beulah Junction to the Boarded Hall roundabout and back twice, the unattached Elcock covered the 40-K circuit in 55 minutes and 11 seconds to edge out second-placed Kelly by some 44 seconds.
It was a rather tough finish to an otherwise stellar two days for Kelly, who looked to create history by sweeping both races of the National Championships after the Massy United rider copped his first road race crown on Saturday.
Please read the full story in today's Daily Nation, or in the eNATION edition.