- ECCB to issue world’s first blockchain-based digital currency Read More
- Amazon pulls the plug on New York headquarters Read More
- Former Jamaican cricketer murdered Read More
- CWI hits back at charges Read More
- Wanted: A more efficient airport Read More
- Low-hanging fruit for all Read More
- New-look Crop Over coming Read More
FOUR NATIONAL junior footballers are on their way to London for trials with two British football academies.
Elijah Downey and Ackeel Applewaithe of Paradise Football Club, Notre Dame’s Antone Greaves and Nicoli Brathwaite of Lambeth Tigers were given the opportunity after a visit to London for the Easter holiday.
The opportunity arose through a pilot project of the Barbados Football Association and Crystal Palace Football Club to provide international exposure with the possibility of attaining football scholarships.
Downey and Greaves will be attending the English Premier League Club Crystal Palace while Brathwaite and Applewaithe will train with an elite academy for one month between July and August. (RG)
Please read the full story in today’s Daily Nation, or in the eNATION edition.