Trio for Rio: Rio-bound Mike Maskell, swimmer Lani Cabrera and Jason Wilson with Olympic Torch. (Kenmore Bynoe)
- Amazon pulls the plug on New York headquarters Read More
- Late interest payments from Central Bank Read More
- Red win again at CP Read More
- England upstage Gayle Read More
- Wanted: A more efficient airport Read More
- Low-hanging fruit for all Read More
- Actor Jussie Smollett arrested, accused of lying to Chicago police Read More
HE’S BACK! And possibly for the last.
The country’s most capped Olympian is about to add even further to his current Barbados record for attendance at the Summer Games. Veteran shooter Mike Maskell confirmed qualifying for his fifth Olympiad at the upcoming Rio Games.
Maskell’s inclusion in the Bajan contingent, along with triathlete Jason Wilson and swimmer Lani Cabrera, was announced yesterday during a presentation of funds from the Barbados Lottery to assist the Barbados Olympic Association.
“I am going to be 50 in November and Barbados is also celebrating 50 years, so it would be nice to really celebrate it, if you know what I mean,” laughed Maskell when asked what the occasion meant to him.
Please read the full story in today’s Saturday Sun, or in the eNATION edition.