Teacher John Gittens with some of his past students at the luncheon yesterday. (Picture by Ricardo Leacock.)
- Government making strides towards going green Read More
- Debt restructuring the way to stability, says Persaud Read More
- Ban may be extended Read More
- Windies eager to even series Read More
- Wanted: A more efficient airport Read More
- Low-hanging fruit for all Read More
- Rihanna is new Ambassador Extraordinary and Plenipotentiary Read More
PARENTS OF Class 4 B pupils at Charles F. Broome Primary were so impressed with the way John Gittens taught and prepared their children for the 11-Plus Exam that they got together and planned a surprise church service for him at Covenant Life Teaching Centre yesterday.
They then treated him to a luncheon in Jackson, St Michael.
One of the organisers, Debbie Jones-Wilson, told the DAILY NATION: “Mr Gittens has brought these students up to a standard that we, as parents, are proud of.
“He has led them successfully into the Common Entrance Exam and today we are showing our love and appreciation to him.”
Jones-Wilson said the teacher constantly communicated and worked with them on the progress of the children, and for that they would always be grateful. (RL)