Archbishop of the Ethiopian Orthodox Church in the Caribbean and Latin America, His Grace Abune Thaddaeus, during the special service. (PIcture by Reco Moore.)
- Barbados, Symmonds, recognised at World Travel Market Read More
- Making monumental impact Read More
- WIPA, CWI launch health insurance for players Read More
- ‘Bring back Thompson football’ Read More
- Wanted: A more efficient airport Read More
- Low-hanging fruit for all Read More
- World stage awaits artists Read More
ARCHBISHOP OF the Ethiopian Orthodox Church in the Caribbean and Latin America, Abune Thaddaeus, says they are looking to have their own facilities in Barbados.
He is on a four-day visit and is to meet with local officials.
Speaking after the church’s 21st anniversary service in the school hall of St Patrick’s Roman Catholic Church on Bay Street, St Michael, yesterday, the regional head of the Ethiopian Orthodox Church said they were short of the finances to build a cathedral for members and well-wishers they would like to attract.
“There are slowly increased numbers and I am very happy to see that. I was very moved about the enthusiasm,” he explained. (MR)
Please read the full story in today's Daily Nation, or in the eNATION edition.