The semi-finalists drew for order of appearance in the Pic-O-De-Crop Competition today. Missing is Colin Spencer. (Picture by Christoff Griffith.)
- ECCB to issue world’s first blockchain-based digital currency Read More
- Amazon pulls the plug on New York headquarters Read More
- Wheelchair warriors a hit Read More
- Latapy ‘on board’ Read More
- Wanted: A more efficient airport Read More
- Low-hanging fruit for all Read More
- New-look Crop Over coming Read More
THE 18 SEMI-FINALISTS who were named early this morning at The Crane, St Philip made their way to the National Cultural Foundation to sign contracts and draw for positions today.
First timers Jamal JSlo Slocombe, Julie and Ah-Dee-Lah are all pleased and comfortable with the numbers they pulled for the MQI/Mount Gay Pic-O-De-Crop Calypso Competition.
It will be a mixed bag when they do battle at the National Stadium on Friday night with seven women, two former monarchs, four veterans, some young blood and familiar faces.
Colin Spencer was the only artiste not present. His tent manager Eleanor Rice was there on his behalf.
The Order of appearance:
1. Jamal Slocombe
10. Sir Ruel
11. Chrystal Cummins-Beckles
13. Ian Webster
14. Amazing Dre
16. Smokey Burke
17. Colin Spencer
18. Sammy G
Reserve: Hee Haw (TTY)