- Blow to Digicel Read More
- Entrepreneurs making pitch for chance of a lifetime Read More
- Former NBA player to participate in Digicel camp Read More
- Bajan Gems narrowly defeated by Northern Ireland Read More
- Wanted: A more efficient airport Read More
- Low-hanging fruit for all Read More
- HBO, Game of Thrones lead nominations for TV’s Emmy awards Read More
BARBADOS ARE FACING an uphill battle to secure first innings points in their regional Under-19 cricket match against Trinidad and Tobago in St Vincent.
Playing at the Arnos Vale Sports Complex, Barbados ended the second day of their three-day match on 171 for six in reply to Trinidad and Tobago’s 371.
Shian Brathwaite was the mainstay of Barbados’ response with an innings of 72.
Leniko Boucher bagged five-wicket haul for Barbados and there were also two wickets apiece for West Indies Under-19 fast bowler Chemar Holder and Dominic Drakes.
Trinidad and Tobago 371 (Kirstan Kallicharan 110, Bryan Boodram 88, Cephas Cooper 59, Dejourn Charles 51; Leniko Boucher 5-66, Chemar Holder 2-85, Dominic Drakes 2-79). Barbados 171-6 (Shian Brathwaite 72, Yvan Grant 22, Leniko Boucher 20; Jonathan Bootan 3-43, Bryan Boodram 2-38). (HG)