Former Barbados Hotel & Tourism Association chairman Sunil Chatrani and his wife Gita (left) being presented with a farewell gift by BHTA chief executive officer Sue Springer (right). (Picture by Reco Moore.)
- Courtesy gives Crop Over a lift Read More
- Beneficial ownership: Corporate striptease (final part) Read More
- Kyle Hope, Ambris added to squad Read More
- Malinga gets suspended sentence for media comments Read More
- This time we are in a 12-foot hole Read More
- Time for a rebirth Read More
- RPB, Queen T to go first on Phenomenal Friday Read More
FORMER BARBADOS HOTEL & TOURISM ASSOCIATION (BHTA) CHAIRMAN Sunil Chatrani is finally getting the opportunity for a vacation to relax with his wife Gita and play a round of golf on one of his favourite courses – White Witch in Jamaica.
A farewell gift from the BHTA, it was presented at a cocktail reception in his honour in the ambiance of the Lancaster Great House in St James. Along with the holiday gift, chief executive officer of the BHTA Sue Springer also presented Chatrani with a painting of the golf course.
She kept the speech “short and sweet”, remarking about her former boss, “He has been a true, true champion for all of you as members of the BHTA and also our champion of tourism itself.”
In turn Chatrani thanked his support staff within the BHTA for their guidance and support, which he said had served to make his job less difficult. In this regard he also took the opportunity to say thank you and farewell to Springer, who leaves the post of chief executive officer at the end of the year after 15 years of service to the BHTA.